Until now, only a single user per client account was able to manage and contribute to legal matters in the LAWYAL system. This week, we released a new version that enables clients to add users to their client account. This new feature will encourage greater collaboration between LAWYAL and our clients.
Follow these instructions to give other users access to your online LAWYAL account:
- Once logged in, look for the new menu item – “Account Users” – on the top right, below your email address:
- On the “Account Users” page, you will see the option to add a user to your account:
- Click the “Add User” button to start adding a user to your account:
Note: You can create a user with a role of Account User or Account Admin. Only Account Admin users can create and manage users for the client account.
4. After the user has been created, close the window and the new user will be present in the the account users table:
5. The user that has just been added will receive an email inviting them to complete their user account by creating a password. Once set, they can log in and contribute to all matters for their client account.
You may have noticed that you have the ability to change the role of the new user and disable the user account entirely. Note that users may not change their own role or disable/enable their own account, but an Account Admin may change the role or disable/enable other user accounts.
We are currently working on more fine-grained permissions around legal matter access to cater for confidential matters where open access to all users is inappropriate.